How a tree inspired a woodcutter!
I am a magical tree living in the deep, dark and dense forest. I have arms, legs and even a face. My magical powers allow me to go where I want and talk to those people whom I want to. I even have the power to make myself invisible.
Every afternoon a very cruel woodcutter used to come to the forest to cut the trees. Luckily I survived as I had the power to be invisible. This continuously happened everyday. One day I saw that all of the trees were gone and, I found myself sitting lonely with not even a single tree anywhere. I saw the woodcutter searching for trees, then suddenly I felt hurt and I saw the woodcutter had bumped into me even though I was invisible. I tried to walk forward but side-by-side I also felt bad for the woodcutter. I took courage and made myself visible to the woodcutter so that I could communicate to him about the importance of trees.
I made a shy but impactful conversation with him, I explained him about the importance of trees, and how each piece of nature that god created is important for the survival of other living beings on this planet. "Hmmm, I understand! When you said even living beings will die, does that mean that even we can die if there are no trees?", asked the woodcutter. "Yes, we all are a part of nature's cycle", I exclaimed. Our conversation continued as we talked about different things. By the time it was gloaming I found myself talking nineteen to the dozen with my new friend.
We soon departed and the woodcutter went home and I went to my favourite spot near the lake to drink some water.
The next day when I woke up I was surprised to see the woodcutter with a truck load of saplings. Out of curiosity I asked the woodcutter what he was planning to do. He told me that he wanted to plant trees to recreate the forest that he had selfishly destroyed. He pledged to never cut trees again and he also thanked me for opening his eyes.
Every afternoon a very cruel woodcutter used to come to the forest to cut the trees. Luckily I survived as I had the power to be invisible. This continuously happened everyday. One day I saw that all of the trees were gone and, I found myself sitting lonely with not even a single tree anywhere. I saw the woodcutter searching for trees, then suddenly I felt hurt and I saw the woodcutter had bumped into me even though I was invisible. I tried to walk forward but side-by-side I also felt bad for the woodcutter. I took courage and made myself visible to the woodcutter so that I could communicate to him about the importance of trees.
I made a shy but impactful conversation with him, I explained him about the importance of trees, and how each piece of nature that god created is important for the survival of other living beings on this planet. "Hmmm, I understand! When you said even living beings will die, does that mean that even we can die if there are no trees?", asked the woodcutter. "Yes, we all are a part of nature's cycle", I exclaimed. Our conversation continued as we talked about different things. By the time it was gloaming I found myself talking nineteen to the dozen with my new friend.
We soon departed and the woodcutter went home and I went to my favourite spot near the lake to drink some water.
The next day when I woke up I was surprised to see the woodcutter with a truck load of saplings. Out of curiosity I asked the woodcutter what he was planning to do. He told me that he wanted to plant trees to recreate the forest that he had selfishly destroyed. He pledged to never cut trees again and he also thanked me for opening his eyes.
0 Comments